The college application process is intimidating and stressful – but The 十大电子游戏俱乐部大学咨询经验, a program designed specifically by Knox educators and leaders with decades of experience, 对学生和家长来说没有压力吗.
十大电子游戏俱乐部大学咨询经验 is a program designed by Knox leaders with decades of experience. We teach students to take control of the college application process and give parents peace of mind knowing that their children will be guided by experts every step of the way.
- Our program begins in 9th Grade and provides individualized, 循序渐进的指导 来自我们经验丰富的大学策划团队
- One-on-one counseling with the Dean of 学者 will help students select classes that build the most compelling transcripts, brag sheets, and resumes
- College visits, virtual information sessions, and talks with Knox alumni aid students in 计划他们的中学后旅程
- 我们独一无二的 研究生研讨会 class, designed by a college professor, is required for all seniors. This 课程 not only completes the college application process, but provides fundamental knowledge of the freshman year college experience, and ensures that Knox graduates enter college with a competitive advantage over their peers from other high schools
*Although 十大电子游戏俱乐部大学咨询经验 begins in grade 9, new students enrolling in grades 10+ will receive the same care and attention as all students participating in the program.
This year allows our young students to take some time truly getting to know who they are. 利益, 技能, and Intelligence profilers give them a strong understanding of what makes them unique and successful with tips on how to build onto their abilities and use them to their benefit. 从九年级开始, students begin to build a personal brand that they will “sell” to the colleges in a few short years.
- 学生完成他们的兴趣, 技能, and career intelligence profile to compile data on their strengths, 弱点, 和利益
- 学生开始跟踪他们的课程选择, 活动, 荣誉, 成就, 服务时间, 还有考试成绩
- Students meet with the Dean of 学者 and Academic Advisors throughout the year to check in regarding grades, 未来一年的任务和计划
- Students complete various test prep 作业 for the PSAT
- 学生们在春季参加PSAT 8/9考试
Our Sophomores sit for the PreACT followed by the PSAT 10 in the Spring. They also attend our spring college fair to begin speaking with colleges that will support their future studies while showcasing their grades, 活动, 成就的简历, 服务时间.
- Students begin to research potential careers building from their profiles in 9th grade
- Students continue to track their 课程 selections, 活动, 服务学习活动, 还有考试成绩
- Students are urged to seek internships in potential career fields and work with their counselor to find strong placements
- Students complete various test prep 作业 for the PSAT and PreACT
- 学生在春季学期参加PSAT 10考试
- Students attend the spring college fair and meet with various college representatives
- Students attend Representative visits throughout the year on campus
- Students meet with their counselor throughout the year to check in regarding grades, 作业, 为未来的一年做计划
准备 & 选择“合适的”大学
Junior year is one of the most important years in the 大学咨询 Experience, as it requires students to conduct extensive research on future career paths and colleges that will support their educational journeys.
- Students work with the College Planning Team to register and prepare for the SAT/ACT/TOEFL
- Students engage in an intensive college search alongside their counselor and compare their results to limit their lists to schools that truly highlight their 技能 and potential
- Students participate in mock interviews to prepare for college application interviews
- Students attend college open houses and tour dates
- Students attend Representative Visits on campus throughout the year
- Students meet with their counselor regularly to prepare for standardized exams, 跟踪他们在任务上的进展, 为未来的一年做计划
- Students continue to track their 课程 selections, 活动, services, 还有考试成绩
Most of our students apply for college by or before November 15th. 然而, college counseling continues for the duration of the year to assist students in submitting supporting documentation (test scores, 分级作业, etc) and choosing the school to commit to by or before May 1st. Their counselor will also assist with financial aid documentation and the request for additional funds from their colleges or universities. Counseling for our seniors continues until final transcripts are sent to the selected university after graduation in June.
- 学生完成研究生研讨会 《世界十大电子游戏平台》 课程
- Students work with their counselors to register for the final SAT/ACT/SAT II/TOEFL exams
- Students attend representative visits throughout the year on campus
- Students finalize their 活动/achievement/service resumes
- Students complete their college applications alongside their counselor
- Students continue to meet with their counselor for financial aid documentation, 向大学申请额外资金, 协助选择大学, 做出承诺, 并计划着他们的大学新旅程